Skip to main content

Simply Red



Simply Red 

The color red is timeless, it has no limits and makes a statement. I love the color red for a variety of reasons mostly because red is BIG, BOLD & Beautiful.....

Red has many different shades and is flattering to every shade of skin. You Simply cant go wrong with a red variety. I personally wear red from head to toe. Most of my favorite fashion statements are from the fiery  flattering color.  



I call these frames my Sally's


Sally Jessie Raphael was a well knows talk show host in the 80's her signature red frames set her apart and where mad framed famous.


Khloe Kardashion sported these red hot frames on Facebook. 


My Vintage Inspirational Influences  

How can you talk of your love of red with out mentioning the classic red head beauty  Lucille Ball this fun loving legendary Ball of fire made America laugh while braking barriers for woman and equal rights in the 60's. This ginger spice rocked her red locs with pride.


               
This signature drove men wild in the 50's and is still a hit to date Lead actress and singer Dorothy Dandridge as Carmen Jones  African American Screen Musical 1954.

Painting the town RED
 On January 15, 2012 I was honored to sing at the 28th Annual  Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast at the J.W.Marriott in my native hometown of  Washington DC



Royal red strapless satin dress cropped at the knee. 


 Mayor Vincent Gray and I at the Martin Luther King Jr. Even
A night out on the town to support my talented cousin Deangelo Redman former top 10 finalist of Making the Band season 4 for his album release showcase at the famous Blues Alley in Georgetown Washington DC. 

This is my display of red from head to toe. 
Red frames $16 Buy Wise Beauty Supply, Red trench coat $25 Old Navy ,  Black  Tutu Dress Foever21, Merona red patterned leather peep toes Target.

Beyonce rocking red with a casual denim on the streets of NYC. I like this look.  
Serena Williams wears a sleek  red & black pencil cut dress to the knee with Christian Louboutin red bottoms to set it off. Work Serena

Comments

  1. You are too cute and Nice blog, you have a new follower!! xoxo

    www.foreveryoungnfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you you are a peach yourself lady....I'm excited to check out your site....much love

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Peacock Freak

The Peacock Freak Vanity vs. Everything Beautiful Me on my way to an Open House interview for MAC Cosmetics this is a picture of my presentation of my make up skills and less there of.....Self proclaimed amateur  to all my MUA's out there.....lol....Im good though !!! I always like to switch it up a bit. You know, keep things interesting by exploring my creativity with different looks. I'm always inspired by the Peacock feathers I collect. The Peacock's feathers represent pride, and by extension, nobility and glory. Peacocks are also known to eat poisonous plants with no ill effects, making their feathers a symbol of incorruptibility and immortality. Personally, when entering a person(s) life my goal is to leave a positive lasting impression.  W e have a short time on this earth so memories are all we have, a photograph can be looked upon as vanity with out a story being told to back up it's true meaning. Vanity is self-centered and I'm f

30 & Ova!

30 &Ova! Turning 30 is a milestone that can be exciting yet scary for most. However, for me Ive embarrassed the third decade and welcome it's lessons of life, laughter and love. So, a few weeks before my birthday I started making plans. I had no idea what I wanted to do exactly so I started branstorming and came up with a theme for my festivities. CRAZY....SEXY.....COOL , Inspired by R&B girl band TLC. I thought the theme fit my personality I wanted to have a CRAZY good time While Looking SEXY and being my COOL  self in the record breaking  July heatwave....lol On Monday, July 9, 2012 I turned 31 years old. I thought to myself  I'm really in the 30 and over club. It didn't seem like a year had past but here I am ...... 30 & Ova!  My Birthday Plans Musiq Soulchild Concert  I started my birthday celebration off with one of the elements of life  I love the most....Music. I love Musiq Sould Child and heard he would be in concert i