Skip to main content

For the Love of Music


 Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston both  "Saved the world" with "The Greatest love of all" 



Since a child I had a very connected and obsessive love for music. My Mother and Father were great influences in this art form I became glued to. Our family radio and album collections were vast. Filled with different genres from Gospel,Classical, Jazz, Reggae, Classic Rock to Hip Hop. You could say Music appreciation was my very first and best subject. Growing up my first favorite artist were rare talents people who captured your heart living lasting impressions ....Story tellers of life, love, hardship and happiness.

Just to name a few who come first to mind when i think back growing up in the 80's it was common to hear Cindy Lauper, Boy George, Prince Simply Red, Queen, Kenny G, Marvin Gay , James brown , Patti La belle, Luther Vandross, Nina Simone, Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin , Stephanie Mills, Regina Bell, Fella Fitzgerald, Billy Holiday , Nacy Wilson, Phillis Hyman, Chaka Khan, Gladys Knight, The Temptations, Mighty Clouds of Joy, Shirley Caesar, The Clark Sisters,  Lionel Richie & The Commodores, Earth Wind and Fire, Cool and the Gang, Run D MC, Salt & Pepper , Heavy D, Cool Mo D, LL Cool J, Rappers Delight, and sooooooo many more.....

However, the two artist that captured all my time and attention are.......The amazingly, fearless, singer, songwriter, producer, entertainer, dancer, trend setting, socially sensitive, fan loving , tabloid ranking and most captivating.......


Michael Jackson & Whitney Houston 
       "King of Pop"                "Queen of R&B" 

This picture was taken in the early 90's when rumor was Michael and Whitney had an affair. What a dream come true for me if this twosome would have last.  I use to pretend they where my celebrity parents so for me it was only right....lol 

Micheal Jackson was pronounced dead June 25, 2012 at 2:26 pm. The title of his last documentary seemed to be prophecy "This Is It" so unexpected and heart breaking and so close to my Birthday I think I cried off and on for months in disbelief for my musical hero and childhood pretend father of entertainment...... I wasn't excited to see the movie. 


July 9, 2009 just a few weeks after Micheal's death was my 29th birthday I was still distort so my birth dad bought me The Ulitmate collection of MJ's music career. and a few collectors magazines. What an awesome gift it really made me feel better. Thanks Daddy

Im officially a MJ collector

In 2011 The friends of Carter Barron Put on a tribute in form of a Play at Howard University in Washington DC Staring my cousin DC's own Making the Band 4  finalist Deangelo Redman & Recording artist/actress Tonya Blount .
Deangelo Redman (center stage)  played Micheal Jackson  in this Tribute Play titled 
"A Child's heart that Rocks"
Deangelo and I after the show ....I love him  so talented and handsome 
I was so excited to know Whitney had started a new project ....Word was out that a new film SPARKLE starting Whitney Houston would hit the silver screen in August. 

Set in the 1960s, three sisters form girl group and soon become Motown sensations, but fame becomes a challenge as the close-knit family begins to fall apart. I will be celebrating Whitneys life and legacy at the premiere Friday, August 17, 2012.



Here we go again had my hopes up just to hear Whitney had been found deed in a hotel room bathroom in the tub......Nooooooo!!! 


Cover of Whitney's actual obituary 


Both of my musical inspirations have passed but never will their memory leave my heart and soul. I will continue to listen and sing their songs and celebrate their Life and legacy. Whitney asked a Question in song "Where do broken hearts go?" I answer by saying I'm sure they followed you to heaven.....and Michael it never mattered to me if you where "Black or White" I loved you equally the same both ways.....lol Thank you for helping me be the person I am today and through myself along with millions of fans all over the world I share this Tribute. God bless your personal family, friends and fans. 


CHECK IT OUT 
This late Whitney Houston  & American Idol season 6 winner and recording artist/actress Jordan Sparks Interview 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peacock Freak

The Peacock Freak Vanity vs. Everything Beautiful Me on my way to an Open House interview for MAC Cosmetics this is a picture of my presentation of my make up skills and less there of.....Self proclaimed amateur  to all my MUA's out there.....lol....Im good though !!! I always like to switch it up a bit. You know, keep things interesting by exploring my creativity with different looks. I'm always inspired by the Peacock feathers I collect. The Peacock's feathers represent pride, and by extension, nobility and glory. Peacocks are also known to eat poisonous plants with no ill effects, making their feathers a symbol of incorruptibility and immortality. Personally, when entering a person(s) life my goal is to leave a positive lasting impression.  W e have a short time on this earth so memories are all we have, a photograph can be looked upon as vanity with out a story being told to back up it's true meaning. Vanity is self-centered and I'm f

Simply Red

Simply Red  T he color red  is timeless, it has no limits and makes a statement. I love the color red for a variety of reasons mostly because red is  BIG ,   BOLD &   Beautiful ..... Red has many different shades and is flattering to every shade of skin. You Simply cant go wrong with a red variety. I personally wear red from head to toe. Most of my favorite fashion statements are from the fiery  flattering color.   I call these frames my Sally's Sally Jessie Raphael was a well knows talk show host in the 80's her signature red frames set her apart and where mad framed famous. Khloe Kardashion sported these red hot frames on Facebook.  click here to see more My Vintage Inspirational Influences   How can you talk of your love of red with out mentioning the classic red head beauty  Lucille Ball this fun loving legendary Ball of fire made America laugh while braking barriers for woman and equal rights in the 60's. This ginger

30 & Ova!

30 &Ova! Turning 30 is a milestone that can be exciting yet scary for most. However, for me Ive embarrassed the third decade and welcome it's lessons of life, laughter and love. So, a few weeks before my birthday I started making plans. I had no idea what I wanted to do exactly so I started branstorming and came up with a theme for my festivities. CRAZY....SEXY.....COOL , Inspired by R&B girl band TLC. I thought the theme fit my personality I wanted to have a CRAZY good time While Looking SEXY and being my COOL  self in the record breaking  July heatwave....lol On Monday, July 9, 2012 I turned 31 years old. I thought to myself  I'm really in the 30 and over club. It didn't seem like a year had past but here I am ...... 30 & Ova!  My Birthday Plans Musiq Soulchild Concert  I started my birthday celebration off with one of the elements of life  I love the most....Music. I love Musiq Sould Child and heard he would be in concert i