Skip to main content

The Peacock Freak


The Peacock Freak
Vanity vs. Everything Beautiful
Me on my way to an Open House interview for MAC Cosmetics this is a picture of my presentation of my make up skills and less there of.....Self proclaimed amateur  to all my MUA's out there.....lol....Im good though !!!
I always like to switch it up a bit. You know, keep things interesting by exploring my creativity with different looks. I'm always inspired by the Peacock feathers I collect. The Peacock's feathers represent pride, and by extension, nobility and glory. Peacocks are also known to eat poisonous plants with no ill effects, making their feathers a symbol of incorruptibility and immortality. Personally, when entering a person(s) life my goal is to leave a positive lasting impression. 

We have a short time on this earth so memories are all we have, a photograph can be looked upon as vanity with out a story being told to back up it's true meaning. Vanity is self-centered and I'm far from that. However confident I stand firm in believing that beauty is a refection that vanity could never reflect. Beauty doesn't have to be defined because it speaks for itself. 

Beauty is a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, esp. the sight. Its a combination of qualities that pleases the intellect or moral sense. Its not just whats on the outside although I believe that presentation is everything.....lol 

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so the perception of beauty is subjective.  Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. We all are beautiful. I'm just honored to share my beautiful moments, memories and ideas with all of you. Thank You :)


So, some may say I'm a little obsessed with peacocks. Obsession is a strong word so Id say Im more influenced by Birds feathers. I'm the photo above displays some of my home decor. I've incorporated the peacock tastefully  in my home as well as in my wardrobe.....lol  


These are a dozen Peacock feathers I got these in Chinatown in Washington DC to replace a dozen peacock feathers that got damaged from being given years ago on Valentines Day by my Fiance instead of roses I got Peacock Feathers . Nice touch huh?  They are about .75 per feather

Three of the original feathers I saved from Valentines day  Funerary 14, 2000. One of my treasures such a thoughtful gift.  
This plaque sits above my stylist work station I found it a a local dollar store Family Dollar for $6.
This was taken at my 31st Birthday Party this year  2012 at Flava @ Wa-Zo-Bia Restaurant and Lounge Washington DC. .


I wear this as a pin or hair clip I like to personalize my Outfits with Peacock flare every now and then.
feathers in my hair

Peacock Necklace gifted to me on the 30th Birthday from my BFF Chiffon Sparkle 
On the roof top of the Donovan House Washington DC
 Dress Old Navy, Shoes Bakers,Watch Kenneth Cole, Necklace Nordstrom, Earrings Target

These peacock  earnings were also gifted to me by a good friend Amie Seisay who is a talented jewelry artist check her out @ http://www.amsjewelry.com/ Please Note these particular earrings are not from AMS collection.
A feathered earnings can dress up a swim suit. Water doesn't damage the texture or color of the feather. 
.
My lower back tattoo......I guess I am a Peacock Freak stamped and approved 
THE END

Comments

  1. Loved looking at your peacock collection and how your makeup looks reflect your love for peacocks... pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady, I think your blog is great I nominated you for an award.. come by and check it out here: http://chiffonsparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Red

Simply Red  T he color red  is timeless, it has no limits and makes a statement. I love the color red for a variety of reasons mostly because red is  BIG ,   BOLD &   Beautiful ..... Red has many different shades and is flattering to every shade of skin. You Simply cant go wrong with a red variety. I personally wear red from head to toe. Most of my favorite fashion statements are from the fiery  flattering color.   I call these frames my Sally's Sally Jessie Raphael was a well knows talk show host in the 80's her signature red frames set her apart and where mad framed famous. Khloe Kardashion sported these red hot frames on Facebook.  click here to see more My Vintage Inspirational Influences   How can you talk of your love of red with out mentioning the classic red head beauty  Lucille Ball this fun loving legendary Ball of fire made America laugh while braking barriers for woman and equal rights in the 60's. This ginger

30 & Ova!

30 &Ova! Turning 30 is a milestone that can be exciting yet scary for most. However, for me Ive embarrassed the third decade and welcome it's lessons of life, laughter and love. So, a few weeks before my birthday I started making plans. I had no idea what I wanted to do exactly so I started branstorming and came up with a theme for my festivities. CRAZY....SEXY.....COOL , Inspired by R&B girl band TLC. I thought the theme fit my personality I wanted to have a CRAZY good time While Looking SEXY and being my COOL  self in the record breaking  July heatwave....lol On Monday, July 9, 2012 I turned 31 years old. I thought to myself  I'm really in the 30 and over club. It didn't seem like a year had past but here I am ...... 30 & Ova!  My Birthday Plans Musiq Soulchild Concert  I started my birthday celebration off with one of the elements of life  I love the most....Music. I love Musiq Sould Child and heard he would be in concert i